Most people don’t attend funerals on a regular basis. As result, many people lack the etiquette needed for a funeral home because they simply don’t know what is and what is not expected of them. Read below to learn five important bits of information to know when attending a funeral service brookfield il.
1. Show Your Condolences: It is hard to find the right words to say to someone who has lost a loved one, however, it is important to show your condolences the moment that you arrive. Simply letting them know that you are sorry for their loss and that you are there for them can be a great benefit.
2. Send Flowers: It is only expected that you will send flowers to a funeral home. It is a sign of respect for the deceased person and one last way to pay your respects to this person before they are laid to rest.
3. Dress Appropriately: While there is no specific dress code for a funeral, it is expected that you follow tradition and wear clothing that is black or dark in color and that covers your body. Men should wear a dress shirt and/or suit.
4. Arrive on Time: If you are attending the actual funeral, make sure that you are there on time. You wouldn’t believe how many people hold up processions because they were late due to traffics or other obstacles. Give yourself plenty of time to avoid these headaches.
5. Sign In: Most families place a registry and guestbook at the entrance of the funeral home. This is intended to keep track of who attended the funeral, who sent flowers, etc. Be sure to sign in with your name and family name when you arrive at the funeral home.